Sunday, December 2, 2012

Will I Get Pregnant With A Girl Or Boy Baby If I Had Intercourse The Day Before Ovulation?


I often hear from people who are wondering if their intercourse schedule is going to cause them becoming pregnant. Some are hoping for a pregnancy and some are not.

I heard from a woman who said: "I've only been married for about three months. I went off of contraceptives the month before my wedding because my husband and I do eventually want to start a family. However, we hoped to have time to save some money and to buy a starter home before having a baby. Someone gave my an ovulation predictor last week. I used it yesterday and found out that I ovulated on that same day. Well, I had sex the day before yesterday and I'm wondering if I'm now pregnant. I know that having sex close to ovulation can result in a pregnancy. I admit that the timing isn't ideal, but we would deal with it if we had to. And if I am pregnant, would it be a boy or a girl? I really want a boy for my first child."

There were a lot of variables in this conversation. But, her biggest concerns were if she were pregnant and, if so, what the baby's gender would be. I will discuss both variables in the following article.

Having Sex The Day After Ovulation Makes Pregnancy Possible, But Not Guaranteed: As you probably already know, there is only a small window of time during each month when a woman can become pregnant. You can have sex on some days during the month and not risk pregnancy. But, when you have sex during the window where ovulation is close to happening (or has happened) and you are not using contraceptives, you may become pregnant.

However, with that said, having sex close to or even just after ovulation does not guarantee pregnancy. Yes, the egg is ready to be fertilized. And yes, when you have sex this releases sperm that rush and fight to try to fertilize the egg (which eventually sometimes results in pregnancy.) But there are occasions where none of the sperm make it to the egg. Or, the sperm that do make it aren't successful in fertilizing the egg. Whatever the reason, some people have to try several times before they are eventually successful. So having sex during the optimal fertile period does mean that pregnancy is possible, but it doesn't mean that you will definitely become pregnant.

What Gender Would The Baby Be In These Circumstances?: I was only provided with the timing here. Having sex before ovulation generally favors a girl baby. This is because the boy producing sperm are not very hardy so they do not live for long. With that said, there are several other variables that matter just as much. The woman's vaginal PH, whether the woman had an orgasm, and the sexual positions used are also important and I didn't have this information.

So to answer the question posed, a pregnancy was definitely possible but not a certainty. And while the timing slightly favored a girl baby, there were too many unknown variables to make an educated guess. If this couple did not become pregnant this month, they could always use a form of contraception until they were ready to conceive and had the home they wanted. And at that time, if they still wanted a boy, they'd need to have sex after conception when the woman had an alkaline PH and when they used deep sexual penetration.

Pregnancy And Anaemia - Learn About The Causes And Find Out What You Can Do   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。